Wednesday, October 25, 2006

The Saga Begins.... (psh)....

So after years of making fun of people who have blogs, I gave in and finally made a journal slash blog slash whatever you wanna call it. I made a livejournal a few days ago, but screw that! Blogger is way better. Plus it's way easier to manage. Yeah, I said it Casey. Ha.

Soooo why have I decided to make this......I don't really know. Mostly because it seems like something fun to do. But then again, I SUCK at keeping journals/ blogs. I always make like 3 or 4 and never write again. I'm sort of inclining towards the fact that A LOT has been going lately at school, home, etc. and I haven't really told anyone about it. So I'm thinking that if I bottle all of this up it might get dangerous around here. haha. Yeah, I think that's it.

Cool. So. What to say, what to say. Since this is my first entry, I'll save the intense drama for another time. Right now, I'll tell you about my life an hour ago. Have you ever gotten really cold and taken a hot shower? Like a steaming hot shower? IT'S GREAT. hahaha. I think that's up there on my top ten best feelings in the world. I swear I almost fell asleep in there. That was, after I almost fell. It was ridiculous. I was embarrased. Even though there was no one to be embarrassed in front of. How embarrassing is that? I stepped on my little sister's stupid shampoo bottle and had to grab the curtains to not fall back. LAME.

Oh! okay. so one of those " things" that I've been bottling up and haven't really told anyone about. I wanna like start a band or something. Not even. I mean, maybe, but like mostly find people who play any instrument and just jam you know? And I've been getting so much into music lately. Like IMMENSELY. I can't even explain it....ok let me try: ( don't care how lame this sounds)

I discovered Jeff Buckley about 1 or 2 years ago, but really started listening to him just recently. In case you didn't know, he was, in my opinion, one of the greatest musicians that ever lived. Listening to him, I realized what it really means to make music. Making music is stripping your ego down when you are expressing yourself, collaborating on a moment that has an energy about it that is inspirational and surreal. I mean, when I sit down with my guitar, I get into this mode where everything else goes quiet and it's just me strumming the chords, and I know how ridiculous it sounds but it's true. I just feel right. That's all there is to it. And it makes me feel good.

If I pick up my guitar when I'm feeling depressed, I feel better, period. And that's where great music comes from- whenever you're emotional. If you ever try to write a song when you're not, then it won't work. That's what I find so laudable and majestic about music. And that's what I learned from Mr. Jeff. And you're thinking " what the hell is she on" right now. And that's okay. Because I'm a dork. Who LOVES music. But Jesus, I made this blog and there's bound to be embarrassing stuff on here, so i might as well just get it out of the way.

Wow. Ok. so.... " talk about music" .....check. I actually feel somewhat better about it. So yeah, if you're looking to jam it out, hit me up. haha. Well i think that's all for tonight folks. I told myself I'd stop at 9:30 and alas, the time has come. So, I don't know how often I'll write in this thing. But I WILL write in it whenever I feel I gotta get something out. Granted. I really like this thing.

Until next time

2 comments:

Stanke said...

I just started with reading your blog from beginning, and I just wanted to say that I like very much the way you talking about music, and, although, it was four years ago, I hope I'll find more interesting stuff like that

Stanke said...

And, yes, my English sucks, but I'm trying:)