Saturday, August 23, 2008

Going away party

My going away party is tonight. Only family though. It's hard to imagine that I won't be seeing these people for years possibly. I had just gotten so used to seeing them every weekend pretty much. 

LeRoi from the Dave Matthews Band passed away a few days ago and Dave Matthews had this to say: 

"It is always easier to leave, than to be left."

Normally quotes don't make that much of an impact on me, but every once in a while one will creep up and have me say, "Woah." I love this quote. He means that it is really hard when someone leaves, but it's always harder on the people that are left behind. And I think this can apply to leaving in all forms, not just in death. 

Unfortunately for me, I get the feeling that when I leave, it's not going to be so hard on the people I leave behind...and by people, I mean my "friends".

Song of the day: Jewel Box- Jeff Buckley

Until next time
Sary

No comments: