Wednesday, October 29, 2008

don't want to go to sleep yet

alas, here i am! gosh, i really am neglecting this thing. which is weird, considering the fact that i basically have no one to talk to here except my cousins, you would think i would write here more often to get all my feelings out. 

today was the second day in a row that it didn't rain! it was so nice to actually see the sun and that actually did cheer me up. but what was even better was the sunset. i've said it before and i'll say it again, Costa Rica has the prettiest sunsets ever. i spent 15 minutes in front of my window just staring at it. it's times like those that are so beautiful that i wish i had a boyfriend, or a friend, just someone to share it with. but i don't think that'll happen until i start school and actually start meeting people and making friends. 

so i'm listening to a really sweet instrumental by Josh Kelley right now. his new album came out, and there's only one good song on it....surprise, surprise haha. if i find it, i'll put it up here so you can listen. but it's amazing how relaxed and optimistic it makes me feel. isn't it amazing how one song can change your mood completely, or take you back to a specific place or time instantly? Gosh I love those kind of songs. For the most part, the songs that remind me of someplace or time all have to do with california. The beach, or my house, or driving up Santa Clara over the bridge. To be honest though, they get me so nostalgic that I've been avoiding them ever since i got here. 

But regardless that's the power of music. To quote the master, Mr. Buckley, " Music in itself is so audacious to me." God that's so true. Can you imagine a world without music? I can't. It's almost like an element, an essential part of life. And it's so universal. I don't know, to me it's like a language that everyone can understand. And making it? Listening to it is one thing, but when you're making it, when you have an instrument in your hand, that's just a completely different experience. It's kind of like after you work out, or when you're with someone you really like haha. It gives you endorphines, and to me, it's almost an out of body thing. I just can't explain the way i feel with my guitar in my hands. It just feels right. 

Ugh, anyways, I'm babbling. Truth be told, I'm feeling pretty lonely tonight and wanted to write. I've come to realize that my blogger is now a dear friend. Well, it's always been, but i'm just now realizing it. It's always here, ready to hear my thoughts :)

On another note, James Morrison FINALLY released a new album, and I have to say I am a little disappointed, but it does have some memorable tracks. Goodnight!

Song of the day: Broken Strings- James Morrison

Until next time
Sary

******************* AND I TOTALLY FORGOT TO ADD!!!*********************

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLOGGER!!! HAHA TWO YEARS ONLINE NOW!!

i look back on the first year i had this thing, and it's like reading about a different person....but at the same time, i'm still exactly the same :)

No comments: