Friday, March 20, 2009

burrrn baby burn

I burned my arm last week. It's so gross. Like, the skin lifted up and it's all burnt and....yeah it's just gross. I'd say second degree burn definitely. I won't tell you exactly how I got it but let's just say I made a huge mess in the kitchen haha.

Last week I went to the mall with Moritz, which I guess has become like our routine now haha. He has Tuesdays off and he picks me up to go eat at the mall which is literally across the street. We usually just walk around after and make fun of all the people but last week I got a sweet protector for my iPod and then I helped him pick out some jeans. It's really nice to be getting close to him again. We seriously used to be inseperable when we were kids...and then he turned 13 and became a total jerk haha. And I mean we still talked and everything afterwards but the bond was just gone. Then once he got over himself about a year ago things started to get back to the way they used to be. I'm really happy about that. He's my comorade haha.

ANYWAYS, my mom went to the beach yesterday to visit my grandpa who's sick and she didn't want to leave me alone all weekend so I'm going up to my aunt's house today for the whole weekend. I love it up there. And with the weather being so nice as it has been in the past week, it's gonna be beautiful up in the mountains.

I made a new friend yesterday! His name is Dario and...he's gay! It's so funny because I thought he was sooo hot the first time I met him a few months ago. But I also thought he was kinda standoff-ish and probably had a like a million girlfriends because he was surrounded by girls all the time hahah. And then yesterday he was telling my friend and I about all the trouble he's having with his "partner" and...DING DING DING! A lightning bulb went off in my head haha. But it's weird because when I made that assumption about him at first, I wouldn't give him the time of day, and then when I found out he was gay, we couldn't stop talking to each other! haha. And I was giving him advice and stuff about what to do in his situation and blah blah blah. And then it hit me, the only reason you're talking to this guy is the judgement you made about him was wrong. All of a sudden now, because he's not the player you thought he was, you think he's a really great guy...

....and then I realized how many stupid times I judge people before I even know them. Now I always said that I'm a good judge of character, which I am. I think it's fine to judge someone, to judge who they are. It's the actions you take as a result of that that are not okay. Becuase I thought this guy was a player, it was a really big turn off and I was probably really rude to him. THAT is what is wrong. It's not your judgement, it's the behavior that you execute after the judgement. You see what I'm saying? Maybe not....

But do you think judgement is right? How many times have you judged a person without knowing them? How many times have you been wrong about a judgement? How many times have you acted accordingly? Talk to meh.

Song of the day: Nessun Dorma- Placido Domingo

Until next time
Sary

No comments: