Tuesday, May 04, 2010

the big 2-0


Today is my birthday. I'm 20 years old. I'm no longer a teenager. Today has been a whirlwind of emotions. Nostalgia because I have to say goodbye to my teenage years. Excitement because I am ready to take on my 20's. Gratitude because the outpour of love I have received today from my friends and family has been amazing. I don't know what it is, but right now I'm in such a moment of clarity....like I know exactly how I want to spend my 20's and not waste all the time I did in my teenage years by being depressed and pessimistic and mean. I want to live life to the fullest for the next ten years and just be happy all the time, try and look on the bright side of things. I am so thankful for everything in my life right now.

It's funny, but every year, writing in my blogger, looking back on the past year I reflect on how much I've changed since my last birthday. But this year, I feel like I'm still the same person from last year, just with a different set of goals, with a different outlook on life. Things will change starting now. I can't wait to see what the next 10 years will be like....then I'll be 30....jesus......

Song of the day: A Melody, the Memory- Mae

Until next time
Sary

No comments: