Friday, May 07, 2010

Boo Rad

My 2 days of being 20 so far have been great. I haven't gone anywhere, I've been stuck in the house, but I'm in such a great peace of mind. Nothing has upset me at all. And in the last two days I've come to realize that the things that upset us are done so by our own will. We have the decision every day to choose to let things upset us or not. It's something I've heard and known for quite some time now, but never put it into practice. But it's something that I want to keep exercising for a long time.

So about two weeks ago I started reading Catcher in the Rye. Why you ask? Well I had been wanting to for quite a while because I realized that being stuck in the house so much, all I do is watch TV and go on the internet for hours on end. I could feel myself start to get dumber and dumber each day by not expanding my mind. I used to love reading as a kid, but I guess somehow my obsession with movies and television took over my mind. Not to mention, the obligation of having to read and analyze books in school just took the fun out of it. So for a very long time, I rejected books, I loathed them, I thought reading was such a pain. Then a while back, I realized that I had to start reading again. And we have a bunch of books in the house, but the only ones that would really interest me were the ones I had from high school. So I started with Catcher in the Rye and I finished it in two days.

I then decided that I would read every book I had read in high school...or not read. The truth is, most of the books I read in high school, I read half-way and sparknoted the rest. So it will probably be like I'm reading all of them for the first time. I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird right now, I'm half-way through. In any case, I feel the same way I did when I was kid in terms of reading. I love it. I kind of wish now that I was in English class so I could school everybody when it came to analyzing. Looking back I could've done so much better in school if I hadn't been so goddamn lazy. Anywho, it's bad to have regrets in life.

I forgot how much I missed writing here. I haven't written lately probably because I've had nothing to write about, but with this newfound wisdom I'll be writing a lot more. It really is therapeutic for me. :)

Song of the day: World Spins Madly On- The Weepies

Until next time
Sary

No comments: