Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Zen


The past few weeks have been ones of deep reflection and renovation of mind, body, and soul. The quarter finally ended a week ago, so I have about 2 weeks of time to myself. Being on vacation never felt so good. I have, for the most part, nothing to worry about and it's great having this huge weight lifted off of my shoulders.

I have been doing a lot of soul-searching once again, trying to figure out what I'm going to do once I get back to California, downloading some awesome music, reading, drawing again and have ventured into the world of meditation. Each day I take about 15 minutes to meditate and it's really invigorating. There are so many different aspects of meditation from different cultures and I have to admit it's a bit overwhelming: chakra, zen, nirvana, enlightenment, chi, auras, what have you. I'm trying out different ones right now and seeing which ones I like best.

In any case, I have realized it's so important to clear your mind every day, even if it is for a few minutes and just let go of every thought and worry in your mind (even though I have no troubles right now). I don't know how to describe it, but I feel more in control after meditation. It takes away any feeling of uselessness I might have. On the literary front, I have finished 1984 and have started reading The Hobbit. I forgot what an incredible imagination Tolkien has. I'm really going to enjoy reading it again.

So for the next few weeks, my goal is going to be to take care of my three essentials every day: mind, body and soul. Meditation takes care of the mind and soul I guess, I'm getting up early every morning to take a 20 minute walk (It'll probably get longer as the days progress), and reading and drawing take care of anything else. What I want to accomplish more than anything is to spend as little time on the T.V. and computer as possible. So far it's working out, but I had to write an entry seeing as how I haven't written in almost two weeks. And I know I owe you some events of the week... I'll do one for the next three days. For now, I'll leave you with a song I fell in love with last night.

Song of the day: If You Run- The Boxer Rebellion

Until next time,
Sary

No comments: