Monday, December 08, 2008

Cinematically Deprived

I think the last time I wrote, or even talked about a movie in here was more than a year ago, with The Million Dollar hotel. Living in Costa Rica has definitely deprived me of my cinematic discoveries, which is one of the worst things for me. I no longer have that cool indie movie theater by UCI, and most other mainstream movies don't get here till months after they've been released in the US. Just to give you an idea, "Baby Mama" is listed as a new release at the closest movie theater nearby.....YEAH. haha. 

This probably means that I'll have to either:

A) Download movies off of Limewire, which I hate because
i. Given the shitty wireless connection I get here, it usually takes a few days
ii. For the most part, I can only get them when they're out on DVD, which is months after 
it's out in theaters anyway.
iii. It takes up space on my computer!

B) Pray that they are at whichever video store we affiliate ourselves with once we move, at which point I will probably be disappointed about 50% of the time because
i. ANY independent film usually doesn't make it over here
ii. Most of them are pirated so image quality is pretty much out the window

OR

C) Suck it up and try my best to wait until I go back to California, and spend a crap load of money on all the movies I haven't seen.

.... yes, the only way I can express my frustration is through an outline haha. 

So there are many movies that I am dying to see at the moment:

-Synecdoche, New York
-Cashback
-Adaptation
-Rachel Getting Married
-MISTER FOE

I say that last one enthusiastically because I've been wanting to watch it since last year, and only recently has it been released in the US (one week after I left). URGHHH. I've been looking everywhere for torrents, but most of them are broken or 4G's.... the latter is DEFINITELY not happening haha. I've heard mixed reviews, but it looks like such a cool story and I've been a fan of Jamie Bell since "Billy Elliot". Plus, I'd be lying if I said if I didn't want to watch it in substantial part to my girl crush on Sophia Myles.

Song of the day: Andvari- Sigur Ros

Until next time 
Sary

No comments: