Thursday, December 25, 2008

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. I really meant to write but I've been super busy. 

So.

Today is Christmas Day!! Although Christmas Day has never really been a big deal for us because we always celebrate on Christmas eve. So last night we went up to Aunt Gloria's house in the mountains. Without trying to sound cheesy, it was such a beautiful night. Not a cloud in the sky, you could see a million stars, and you could see the entire city down below. Plus, (and this was the coolest thing) we could also see people down below setting off fireworks. I mean we were miles away from them and looking out over the city, every once in a while you would see the fireworks shoot off in the distance. Amazing. 

I have to say this is the least I've ever gotten on Christmas, but I am honestly okay with it. I got a few little things here and there, including a Coldplay CD, which of course I already had haha, and a cool jacket from my grandparents. But honestly I've gotten so much already that I really couldn't ask for more, which I'm not. Just the fact that we were able to buy a house, and that my mom could afford to buy me another iPod was enough for me. Plus, my dad bought a whole bunch of blu-rays and got me and my sister a new television each. Seriously I don't need anything else. I am so thankful for the way things have turned out and how lucky we've been in the last few months. 

Not sure what the plan is for today, my cousin came back from the beach where he lives so we might go visit. But tomorrow, actually this whole weekend is going to be tight. Tomorrow we leave for the beach house with my favorite cousins in the entire world and we come back on Monday I think. I've never been too fond of the beach house mostly because I get eaten alive by mosquitoes, but to spend an awesome weekend with my cousins I'll make the sacrifice. We're going to Jaco on Saturday which I've never been and spending the whole day there. Then on Sunday I think we're going to Puntarenas to eat some Churchills which are the best snow cones in the world. Christmas weekend at the beach. Definitely a first. 

So that's the update. New Year's we're going back up to the mountains and hopefully we'll be moved into the house next week! Then it's January and I start school on the 19th....ugh don't even remind me. 

Anyways, I hope you have an amazing Christmas whoever you are. It's hard to believe that a year ago I was unboxing my guitar hero haha. 

Song of the day: Don't Know Why- Norah Jones

Until next time
Sary 

1 comment:

laurenkleintime said...

merry christmas nelli!
i miss you :(