Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Ole, ole, ole, oleeee

I'm watching the soccer game right now, Costa vs. Honduras. I wish I was there! Soccer here is like hockey in Canada (I know you're happy I said that, Simon haha). It's huuuuuge. When I got to school today everyone was like, are you going to the game tonight? And a few hours ago one of our friends called to ask if we wanted to go over and watch the game at his house. I love our enthusiasm for the sport :)

Anyways I thought I'd update you. Let's get specific: I had a pretty good day at school today. I'm making a lot of new friends and getting more and more comfortable with meeting new people. I got out about an hour early and my mom wasn't home so the taxi driver (who was been driving me while our car is in the impound) took me to the restaurant where she was. It's about 15 minutes away from the house. OKAY. So the place is called Lomas del Zurqui and it's a gated residence with a H-U-G-E clubhouse and restaurant. I mean we're talking, 3 swimming pools, tennis courts, squash court (how cool is that?) 2 big salons, 4 bars, pool tables, 2 gyms, etc., etc. And the drive up there was just.... I mean it felt like I was in Jurassic Park. The fact that it was a beautiful day helped a lot too, but there was just so much greeeeen everywhere and mountains and ugh. It was just amazing. And the houses? Dude, we're talking mansions here. I felt like I was in Cowan Heights- CR version haha. All the beauty I saw just made my day :)

Let's get general: I have a lot of acquaintances now at school, but I have two close friends who I talk to the most- Paola and Alejandra. They're both really cool, Alejandra is hysterical and she has a lot of really cool/funny friends. I got invited to her birthday party last weekend! But I couldn't go. Haha apparently I missed it because there were a lot of hot guys :/ haha anyway we'll probably celebrate later. I like all of my classes except written communication and administration. Written communication is like English AP but in spanish. That's the best way I can describe it. So if you're reading this, and you had Kasper last year, then you'll know what I'm talking about. And administration is sooo freaking boring! The professor is like Mrs. Pauldine but without a sense of humor haha. And he literally, I'm not kidding takes like 45 seconds to write a sentence. Like the other day he was writing "The fundamentals of administration" and it almost took him one minute haha. Like, how long does it take to write that seriously. Anyways, I start at quarted to 11 everyday but on Thursdays (tomorrow) I start at 7. UGH. So i have to get up at 5. Reminds me of getting up every morning for zero period haha. Those were some dark times. 

On another note, I've been getting into photoshop A LOT lately haha. Kudos to Casey for installing it for me before I left. Mostly I'm using it to make small banners and stuff. I'll let you guess what they're about haha. And apart from that I've just been working my butt off and looking forward to when I have some vacation time. And looking forward to July for when Chris (hopefully) comes!

Haha wow, sorry I got so chatty. I started and I was like "Okay I really don't want to write that much" and look how much I got done! But I miss my older entries that were full of depth and questioning. Definitely gonna start that up again. If you haven't already, check out the "inspiration" links on the right hand side to see where I get my.....inspiration from haha. Those are the kinds of topics I want to discuss on here. Anyways, the first half is over and I really want to photoshopit some more before I have to go to sleep. Goodnight, who/wherever you are!

Song of the day: Storybook Ending- Huntingfield

Until next time
Sary

No comments: