Friday, December 31, 2010

Lemon Lime

It´s kind of a tradition for me to write something on New Years Eve. I like to reflect on everything that´s happened in the last year. I was worried though, that I might not be able to do it this year. I am currently in the middle of the jungle, on the Caribbean side of the country, enjoying some breakfast. I think it´s amazing how far technology has come. I mean, I´m on a computer transmiting a message that could potentially reach millions of people! Haha, well that´s probably not going to happen but you know what I mean. 10 years ago, I don´t think I could´ve even made a signal fire here. Anyways, I´m kinda stressed for time so I´ll try to make this as deep and meaningful as quickly as possible.

2010 was a year of growth for me, even more that 2008 when I graduated from high school and moved here. I learned more about who I was, what I wanted to do with my life, what I wanted to project. It was really a year that was all about me, and I loved it. I became more interested in different things, picked up some new hobbies, created opinions about things I had no idea about before, all in all, I learned a lot. There was the constant struggle of missing home and wanting to be with my friends, but two of them came to visit this year, and when I was alone again, I tried to make the best out of my situation. To sum it up, 2010 ranks pretty high on the charts.

For the past few years I have avoided making New Years resolutions. I thought they were a waste of time and no one ever accomplished them anyway. But with the exception of this year, all the years where I haven´t made a resolution have sucked. So after a few meaningful experiences this year I have finally decided to make one. Here it is: get healthy. I don´t mean just physically which is something that I have been struggling with for years, but mentally, emotionally, everything. I just want to have a piece of mind where I can face any situation without any stress. I want to be able to treat my body right, to feel energized and alive, I want to not lose my temper.....I don´t really know how to describe it. I guess I just want to by synergized with my surroundings, with that unseeing force that connects us all. I know it sounds meditative and new age, maybe even loony, but at the end of the day, I just want to be at peace.

So there you go. I wish you the best night tonight and the best 2011. Hopefully, it´s not our last New Years celebration, if you know what I mean :)

Song of the day: New York, New York- Frank Sinatra

Until next time
Sary

3 comments:

Maria Barker said...

As someone who adores good films, but can not make them, I for one am glad you are able to pursue filmmaking.

I also am amazed at our ability to send our words out to others. Sometimes, I am blase about it as well. I am quite a bit older than you are, and fully remember a world without computers, cell phones, and internet. I like to think that my greater capabilities now leave me greater responsibilities. I CAN reach more, ergo I SHOULD reach more, ergo I MUST reach more. Keeps me from being so self centered as I would otherwise tend to be.

Enjoy your life in Costa Rica. I wish I had the chance to see it.

Alice said...

Hello, I just happened to stumble across your blog and think it is great that you are trying to be at peace and become as you put it, synergized with your surroundings. I made pretty much the same resolution to myself this year and decided to use Blogger to help keep myself on track.
I also find it awesome that you are in Costa Rica :)

Unknown said...

Hello, I just happened to stumble across your blog and think it is great that you are trying to be at peace and become as you put it, synergized with your surroundings. I made pretty much the same resolution to myself this year and decided to use Blogger to help keep myself on track.
I also find it awesome that you are in Costa Rica :)

Thanks
Some cries for attention