Saturday, November 29, 2008

i'm so full

I just realized that it took two Thanksgivings for me to actually sit down and think about what I was thankful for. And recently there's so much to give thanks to in my life. 

Most of all, I am thankful for my family and Andrew, and that they got here safe and sound. I am thankful that we sold our house back home, especially given the circumstances of the economy. It was really a miracle that we sold that thing. I am thankful that within 3 days of my parents arriving, we found a new house at an INCREDIBLY great price, given the fact that houses were super expensive in the areas we were looking at. I am thankful for all of our health and that we are all okay. 

I am thankful that my grandma's knee has gotten better over the last few months and that my parents lived to see another anniversary tomorrow, and my grandparents will be married for 56 years next month. 

I am thankful that I have such a tight bond with all of my family members, cousins and aunts and uncles alike. It was funny, but as we were all sitting around the dinner table, everyone was talking at the top of their lungs, even though they were two feet away from each other, and I kinda just sat there and took a good look around me, and I just realized how much I loved every single person at that table. 

I am thankful that for all of my life, we have always had enough to eat, have always had clothes to wear, and we've always had enough money to live a comfortable life. Anything I've ever wanted, my parents have pretty much always been able to buy for me. Since I've been here, I've been in some pretty tough neighborhoods, and it breaks my heart to see the poverty that some people have to live in, not knowing how they're going to make it through another day. It just reminds me how lucky I've been my entire life. 

I am thankful for the friends I've made over the years (even if they are being jerks right now and not writing me). Still whatever happens down the road, even if one day we decide that we despise each other and never speak again, I wouldn't trade any of the memories I have with Casey or Chris,  or even Allie. Despite everything that has happened between us, they really were the best friends I have ever had, and I grew to love them as much as my own family. I thank them for letting me know what having and being a true friend really means.

Basically my life is perfect. I mean, I know I complain about things every day, here on my blog, and pretty much every second in the rest of my life, but all the essentials are here. I have the very building blocks of living a wonderful and perfect life right in front of me. Most of us do. It's how we arrange them and use them that determines how happy we are in life. At the end of the day, all the good in my life outweighs the bad, and even makes it look insignificant compared to all the luck I've been fortunate to receive throughout my life. 

I know this entire post sounds like some after-school Charlie Brown special, but for the first time in my life, I actually mean what I am thankful for on Thanksgiving. In the past, I basically said the same thing every year because I had to, and I didn't really take the time to realize what I had. But this year, I don't know why, I am genuinely thankful, and I thank God every night for helping me be so fortunate. 

I guess that's what happens when you grow up.....jesus.

Song of they day: Ready to Fall- Mark Hildreth

Until next time 
Sary

2 comments:

Simon said...

Really nice post, most people dont take the time to truly appreciate the luck they have in life:) Touching. And..you changed the inferface of your blog...it was like a pillar for me...this unexpected translation is having a big emotional toll on me..haha. Keep posting:)

Sarynelli said...

thanks simon!

geez i have to get on aim, haven't been on the past few days hehe...