Thursday, November 27, 2008

turkey day

So I broke the updating streak yesterday :/

Sorry, but I just needed some time to myself. I was horrified when I woke up yesterday because I knew I had to tell my mom about my stolen iPod. I thought she was going to kill me. But I told her, sobbing, and she was pissed at first, but was better about it later. She realized that it wasn't my fault. It wasn't anyone's fault really. 

We went with her to the place where it got stolen yesterday and the owner said that he had a good idea of who had taken it and was going to talk with him. If not, he said he would pay for it. Which is great, but I don't really want him to because it's not fair to make him pay for someone else's stupidity. We're supposed to go in about half an hour to see him, to see what's up.

Gosh, yesterday in the morning I was such a mess. Could not stop crying. But I felt a lot better after I told my mom and went to see the guy. Anyways, we all realized that it's just an iPod. And here, there are a lot of other worse things that could've happened to me. In a way, I'm glad that they stole it while it was in the car. Otherwise I would've gotten mugged....that's not fun!

So today marks my first Thanksgiving in Costa Rica. It's so weird. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, and one of the reasons is (apart from the fooooood) is the season and weather. Back home, right about now, it would be pretty cold, probably cloudy, but my house would be warm and filled with all my relatives, eating all my favorite foods around the dinner table with the fireplace lit.

Here, it's more like: windy, blue skies, huge clouds, perfect temperature, and well, green all around....it's just not that same Thanksgiving feeling you know? Atleast not the kind I'm used to. I don't even want to think about Christmas. The entire month of December is my favorite of the entire year. And I am literally happy everyday that month. I love the cold, and the Christmas songs, and the eggnog and gingerbread men, and the Christmas movies they play on TV, and lighting the tree, and the Christmas lights on Red Hill, I just simply love everything.....

....I have a feeling none of that will happen here haha. I don't know just the fact that I'm somewhere tropical will be enough for me not to get in the X-mas spirit. I mean, summer starts in December.....that's pretty much a BUST. 

Anyways, I'm starving and I have to leave soon so I'll probably update tomorrow morning as well. If not, then have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and have a great weekend!

Song of the day: It looks like love- Josh Rouse

Until next time
Sary

No comments: